NEW USER REGISTRATION
City of Brookhaven
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Your use of the City of Brookhaven’s ("City") Project Portal website (the "Portal") is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use. By using the "Login" button below, you agree with and accept without limitation or qualification these Terms and Conditions of Use. The words "you" and "your" mean you and the employees, consultants, contractors, and any other parties who access the Site using your password.
It is your responsibility to monitor and review your account for plan approvals, projects with corrections, denied projects, and other communications. Responses to plan review comments and requests for documents or information must be made in a timely manner.
The City has the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the content that you provide. The City has the right, but has no duty, to delete, move, or edit any material the City considers unacceptable or inappropriate. You hereby agree you will not use the Portal to:
* Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, false, or otherwise objectionable content;
* Impersonate other parties or entities or claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to speak;
* Upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse," or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Portal or the hardware or software of any others who access the Portal;
* Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to publish or transmit;
* Post or transmit unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or make solicitations.
This Portal may contain links to other sites on the internet. This does not indicate sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by the City. Links are provided solely for your convenience, and the City makes no representation or warranty about the content or materials on such sites.
The City may perform periodic maintenance on the Portal, which maintenance may cause temporary service interruption, without prior notification to you.
-TERMINATION OF USE-
The City may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to and use of this Portal without notice and for any reason, including but not limited to:
* Your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use;
* Your failure to pay any fee due in connection with the project for which plans were submitted to this Portal;
* Your failure to pay any fee due in connection with your use of this Portal;
* Your failure to use the Portal within a certain time period set by the City.
Site information is compiled from a variety of sources and are subject to change without notice. You expressly understand and agree your use of the Portal, or any material available through the Portal, is at your own risk. The content and function of the Portal are provided to you "as is," without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, or currency. You agree the City shall not be liable for your use of any online payment service, viruses or other contamination of your system, delays, interruptions, inaccuracies, misstatements, errors or omissions with respect to the material contained on or posted on the Portal or otherwise arising out of your use of the Portal. You further agree the City shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from your use of, or inability to use, this Portal, including but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, failure to meet deadlines, computer failure, or malfunction.
You agree to indemnify, protect, defend, and hold harmless the City, and all officers, employees, elected officials, volunteers and agents of the City from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, damages, losses, liabilities, expenses of any nature (including reasonable attorneys', accountants', and experts' fees and disbursements), judgments, fines and other amounts arising from any and all claims, demands, actions, suits or proceedings, whether civil, criminal, administrative, or investigative (collectively, "Claims") relating to or arising out of your use of the Portal, including but not limited to, any Claims by any third parties or any Claims resulting from your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any such claim. The City reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you agree not to settle any Claims without the written consent of the City.
-MODIFICATION OF THE AGREEMENT-
The City may modify these Terms and Conditions of Use by posting such modifications on the Portal. Any modification is effective immediately upon publishing unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Portal following any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification.